John Standish is a Co-Founder and the Chief Analytics Officer for Infinilytics, Inc. John was a member of the team which created the smartC™ advanced analytics platform for claims, underwriting, and fraud identification and analysis.
Prior to joining Infinilytics, John was a consultant and Alliance Partner to the SAS Institute, in the State and Local Government, Security and Intelligence , and the Financial and Insurance Practices.
John also consults to the insurance industry for first party bad-faith litigation involving fraud investigations, state mandated compliance, civil rico actions, and has testified as an expert for fraud, investigations, and accident reconstruction in legal proceedings.
John is a 32 year veteran of California law enforcement, first serving in the California Highway Patrol, and then California Department of Insurance, Fraud Division. John retired as the Chief of the Fraud Division, and has over 25 years of experience in investigating, supervising, and managing insurance fraud cases in California. John was responsible for statewide operations, district attorney grant funding programs, legislation and regulations for the California anti-fraud programs. John is recognized an expert public speaker, and has trained thousands of insurance industry and law enforcement officers on the identification, investigation, and reporting of suspected fraudulent insurance claims, and ancillary white-collar crimes.
While serving on the California Highway Patrol, John was assigned to general patrol duties, public affairs, associate Academy instructor (Advanced Accident Investigation
and Criminal Investigations), and enforcement tactics instructor. John was assigned to the Valley Division Multi-Disciplinary Team as an Investigator specializing in vehicle
dynamics and occupant kinematics.
John is a Past President of the California Peace Officers’ Association, and is a member of the International Police Chief ’s Association, the Police Futurists International
Society, and is Past President of the Northern California Fraud Investigators’ Association. John also serves on the University of San Francisco, International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute Advisory Board.
John graduated from the University of San Francisco with a degree in Organizational Behavior, and the California Peace Officer Standards Training Commission (POST) – Command College, Class 44.
Recent Topics Presented at Various Conferences and Insurance Companies:
- Thinking Forward in an Upside Down World – Strategic Planning.
- Leveraging Best Practices with Advanced Analytics – Making the Right Decisions in Fraud Investigations.
- Speed to Detection.
- Validating Claims with Advanced Analytics.
- Fraud Investigations: A 25 Year Perspective and Forecast.
- Detecting Insurance Fraud Schemes with Technology.
- Lessons Learned: Asking the Right questions in Fraud Investigations.
- Connecting the Dots for Fraud – Trends and Forecasts in Social Media and Data Collection.
- Technology Innovation – Leveraging Partnerships in Law Enforcement.
- Mandated Compliance SIU Training.
- Fraud Awareness and Mandates for Reporting (applicable to carrier business units).
- Understanding Advanced Analytics in an Insurance Claim Context.
- Best Practices for SIU Operations – Avoiding Bad Faith Actions.
- The Value of Artificial Intelligence for Insurance Fraud Investigations